نظرة عامة على الوظيفة
فرصة عمل فى مجال المحاسبة لدى شبكة بي بي سي الإخبارية بالقاهرة
يفضل ان يكون المتقدم مقيم بالقاهرة او الجيزة
تعد الوظيفة دوام كامل بموجب عقد يسير لمدة عام
التقديم من على الموقع الرسمي, علماً بأن آخر موعد للتقديم هو 30 من شهر أغسطس الحالي
Accountant, Cairo Bureaux
International News is at the heart of the BBC. BBC News Group employs approximately 800 staff in around 70 international bureaux. It provides multimedia services to a global weekly audience of over 250 million in English and 27 languages around the clock, every day of the year. The bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live programme output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK Licence Fee payers and commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent. In 2011, Newsgathering, World Service and Monitoring teams came together into one News Group and by April 2014, all World Service and Monitoring activity will have transferred to Licence Fee funding.
We are recruiting for an Accountant who will report to the International Hub Bureau Manager for the running of the Cairo Bureaux finances.
You will be responsible for the efficient functioning of the office finance, and to give reliable support to the editorial activity of the Cairo Bureaux by assisting in the finance area for all divisions, in compliance with the strategic priorities of all parts of the business. You will work alongside the International Bureaux Finance (IBF), IB teams and the International HRBP.
- Assist in payroll preparation.
- Responsible for operating the advances process and ensuring that appropriate authorisations are in place and records maintained.
- Assist in managing BBCs taxes profile, i.e. ensuring all taxes are properly recorded, paid and reported.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in preparing monthly financial reports, bank reconciliations and petty cash reconciliations.
- Co-ordinating with staff on travel and other expenses and providing guidance on filing of expense claims etc. as per BBC policies.
- Ensuring that filing and record keeping is appropriate and in line with the Bureaux Finance Manual and local requirements.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a strong financial control environment, and ensure agreed processes are followed.
- Complying with policies and procedures in line with IBF guidelines.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in preparing all financial statements; including Management Accounts, statutory accounts, recording each transaction in an appropriate and timely manner in an accounting system.
- Being the custodian of petty cash and required to prepare all records and statements relevant to cash management. Includes;
- Recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- Responsibility for obtaining prior approval from Line Manager & Authorising Manager in advance, before incurring any expenditure.
- Maintaining a proper cashbook along with all filing of statements, receipts and documents supporting the expenses.
- Filing a monthly statement on the prescribed format on a timely basis.
- Assist in ensuring advances are authorised before cash is issued.
- Assist in preparation and submission of monthly expense reports.
- Dayto-day dealings with banks for bank transfers, account openings of staff, payroll, foreign remittances.
- Recording of office expenses and operations.
- Ensuring that filing and record keeping is appropriate.
- Handling office day-to-day expenditure.
- Handling the local payroll when finance manager is absent.
- Keep a record of overtime and ensure that the necessary support documents are on file.
- Handling and monitoring Cairo bureau fixed asset register.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an Accountant who is fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English with excellent communications skills and the ability to manage remote communication effectively. You will have sound book keeping experience including: working with budgets, producing timely and accurate information and reports, advising managers of cost issues.
The ideal candidate will have a lively interest in the broadcast news, online news and wider media environment and appreciation of the particular demands it may place on financial and administrative work and willing to spread best practices to all BBC divisions operating in Cairo.
Local terms and conditions
Contract: 12month attachment/fixed term contract
Location: Cairo, Egypt
To be eligible for this position, you must bearesident of Cairo or Giza Egypt
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.
- انتهت المدة المحددة للتقديم على هذه الوظيفة!
منبه وظائف جديد
لا تفوت الفرصة أبداً!
دعنا نعرف توقعات وظيفتك، حتى نتمكن من العثور لك الوظيفة المناسبة.